The assessments for the 2021 season will look different than in previous years. Due to COVID-19 we have not been able to secure an indoor facility in which to conduct the assessments so this year's assessments will be held outside on an artificial turf field at Tamanawis park. The current plan is to run the assessments, even if it is raining.
The turf field is a large, open, outdoor space so this will allow us to safely conduct the assessments. In order to complete these assessments in a safe manner, there will be several guidelines that we need parents, and players, to adhere to:
- Players should be evaluated for COVID-19 symptoms (https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en) prior to coming to assessments.
- Players should not come if they exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.
- Players should not come if they have been exposed to a close contact who is suspected to have, or confirmed to have, COVID-19.
- Players should not come if they have been directed to self-isolate by the health authority.
- Please ensure you arrive in advance of your assessment time and wait in your vehicle until 10 minutes prior to your assessment time
- No parents will be permitted to watch the assessment. They may come to sign their children in, bringing any outstanding volunteer & uniform deposit cheques, then return to their vehicle. Parents should not be congregating in the parking lot.
- Registrations must be paid and outstanding volunteer & uniform deposits must be submitted or your child will not be allowed to participate.
- Players must place their gear spaced out along the side of the field. Players must have their own equipment (helmet, glove, bat) as shared equipment is not permitted.
- Cleats are not permitted on the turf field. Only running shoes or turf shoes are allowed on the turf field.
- Independent assessors will be used for the Tadpole & Mosquito divisions as we are trying to keep adult attendees low.
LOCATION: Tamanawis Turf Field #2 - 12515 64th Ave, Surrey, BC
TIMES: Saturday March 6th (2pm-5pm), Sunday March 7th (12pm-6pm)
*Players will be emailed their assessment time by their division coordinator.