Travis Selje Memorial Scholarships
Travis Selje played for Cloverdale Minor Baseball for nine years. During this time, he played on three Gold Medal Provincial winning teams, one Bronze Medal Provincial winning team, as well as winning the 13UAAA Western Championship in 2013. He was a straight A student at Lord Tweedsmuir Secondary and took part in the French Immersion program there as well.
Travis last played for the Spurs in 2014 for the 15UAA team. That year he made the decision to commit fully to the Vancouver Whitecaps. As part of the Whitecaps residency program Travis was required to go to high school in Burnaby with the rest of the residency players. Travis had a very bright future ahead of him, but tragically died on May 5, 2017 in a car accident.
Travis’ name is all throughout the park on the banners on the diamonds representing his achievement on these Provincial winning teams. The Travis Selje Memorial Scholarships are in recognition of his achievements both on and off the baseball diamond.
Cloverdale Minor Baseball will grant up to 4 scholarships of $500.00 each to our graduating players.
- Must be playing in Cloverdale Minor Baseball in your graduating year.
- Must have played in Cloverdale Minor Baseball for seven or more seasons.
- Proof of enrolment in a post-secondary education program.
- A letter of recommendation from a coach, umpire in chief, employer, or teacher.
- Volunteer time in the association (which may be used when determining which applicants shall be awarded a scholarship).
All applications must be received by the CMBA Secretary by May 15th. No late applications will be considered.
How to Apply:
- Write a letter to the executive of Cloverdale Minor Baseball and submit it with the above criteria to the current CMBA Secretary.
- The scholarships will be given out to the successful applicants at our annual Fun Day in June.
Cloverdale Minor Baseball Association
Box 34163 – 17790 #10 Highway
Surrey, BC V3S 8C4